Friday, September 16, 2011

My first home

Time for a layout, which I forgot to post earlier this week. This is my layout for the How Much Is Too Much challenge #180 (Home Sweet Home). Debbi challenged us to scrap about our home, use a house embellishment, use the colours of a room as the basis of the layout and use: 4 rub-ons, 9 buttons and/or brads, 3 labels or tags and 6 patterned papers. Check out what the team did on the HMITM blog. I hope you will play along with us!

Here's my layout:


I loved this challenge. Instead of scrapping about our present home, I made the layout about my first home and wrote 5 pages of journaling (tucked behind the layout). I am happy to have documented my memories. I also used the colour scheme of the house for the layout – seventyish green, orange, brown and yellow. The patterns and embellishments were also chosen to fit with the theme (felt, raffia, woodgrain, owls, flower brads, chipboard accents etc.). The dry embossed cardstock looks very similar to the wallpaper in one of the bedrooms. The house was cut from a piece of patterned paper and embellished further with ribbon, mica windows, and rub-ons. I was happy to use some rub-ons and an old pack of flower brads. The gate, key and key hole were painted with silver paint.



Thanks for looking!

Supplies: BasicGrey, Webster's pages, Jilly Bean Soup, MME patterned papers; 7Gypsies labels; Core'dinations cardstock; Tim Holtz Sizzix key, caged bird, and hanging signed die cuts; chipboard gate; MM brads; HS chipboard letters; BG and Jenni Bowlin letter stickers; Maya Road rub-ons; felt; raffia; grungepaper.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, a lot of work went into this beautiful page! So many great details. Love the whole look of it.
    Five pages of journaling? Must be fantastic to read it again in future.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!