Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Seasonal watercolour cards

After I did the Spring Birch card yesterday, I wanted to do another three cards using the same technique, for the remaining seasons. I had a lot of fun with these. For all three cards, the stamping was done with Versafine Onyx Black on watercolour paper. Distress inks were smeared on my craft sheets, misted with water and applied with a paint brush.



The summer card is inspired by a tree I saw the other day which had lots of pink and purple flowers, but no green leaves.

Supplies: Stampscapes: Oak Tree Lg. 179G, Flock 112A, sentiment; Distress Inks: Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, Tumbled Glass, Dusty Concord, Worn Lipstick, Victorian Velvet; Versafine Onyx Black, watercolour paper.




I added lots of leaves to the autumn tree and some extra life in the form of a buck. I think I should have placed the buck on a hill that was closer, because it ended up looking a bit too big.

Supplies: Stampscapes: Leafless Limbs Lg. 053F, Buck Lg. 009B, Ducks in Formation 027A, Bare Branch 121B, sentiment; Distress Inks: Rusty Hinge, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmelade, Vintage Photo, Walnut; Versafine Onyx Black; Archival ink Coffee; watercolour paper.






The winter tree doesn’t have leaves, but I still wanted to use the same technique with the dots as on the other cards, so I let the dots be snow instead. Pumice Stone makes for a really nice snow colour.

Supplies: Sutter: Snowy Leaf Tree G1273; Stampscapes: Gulls 302A, sentiment; Distress Inks: Pumice Stone, Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans; Versafine Onyx Black; watercolour paper.

Thank you so much for looking and visiting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!