Friday, April 6, 2012

12 tags of 2012 April

Happy Easter to everyone! Today I have my version of Tim’s 12 tags of 2012 April tag to share. Here’s my tag:


I love the Branch Tree die and use it often. It was die cut from grungeboard and because I wanted my tree to be a bit lighter, I painted it with cream acrylic paint first. When dry, I applied embossing ink to it and then sprinkled the tips of the branches and the base of the tree with Peeled Paint Distress embossing powder and the rest of the tree with Vintage Photo. 


The four little birds were also die cut from grungeboard, inked with different shades of blue Distress Inks, Brushed Corduroy and Wild Honey. Then I coated them with Glossy Accents and sprinkled a little bit of glitter on their stomachs.


The embossing folder was stamped with Archival ink Coffee and a mirror text stamp and then the tag was embossed. I love the effect of the non stamped embossed parts. The embossed parts were inked with Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint and the rest of the tag with Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Frayed Burlap and Brushed Corduroy, and then dipped into a bit of misted water on my craft sheet. The lace was dyed with Brushed Corduroy and misted with copper Perfect Pearls and water.


I added a piece Vintage Lace die cut from kraft core cardstock as grass.

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you will have a fabulous weekend!

Anna-Karin
Supplies: Sizzix Tim Holtz Branch Tree, Mini Bird & Cage Movers and Shapers, Vintage Lace Sizzlits, Fancy texture fade; Stamper’s Anonymous Tim Holtz Reflections, Stuff to Say; Artistic Outpost BlueBird stamps; Distress Ink: Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, Frayed Burlap, Brushed Corduroy, Walnut Stain, Faded Jeans, Stormy Sky, Wild Honey; Distress embossing powder: Vintage Photo, Peeled Paint; Archival Ink Coffee and Olive; Core’dinations Tim Holtz kraft core cardstock; grungeboard; lace; Ranger manila cardstock; Glossy Accents; clear glitter.

8 comments:

  1. Oh lovely tag. Love the birds and how shiny the glossy accents makes them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna-Karin, This is a gorgeous tag! I love how you have used all the birds and how the wording is behind the embossed area - such pretty colours too!! I want to find the time to use my new Tim Holtz goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job on your tag. I love the glossy accents on the birds along with the glitter. I also love the saying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This tag totally caught my eye! I love your little glossy birds!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This tag is really pretty! I love how the birds are sitting on the tree and the glossy touch to them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love your tag - what a beautiful scene you've created! The colours look fantastic and the glossy accents with glitter are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW. A stunning tag with lots a gorgeous details. You did an excellent rendition of the technique Tim showed, and I love those pretty little birds. I'm going to have another look at the tree branch die. I may just add it to my collection. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!