Monday, April 16, 2012

Just Fabulous tag-card

I hope everyone’s weekend was great! Today I have a ‘tag-card’ to share. It is inspired by three challenges: the Play Date Café Challenge #127, the Inspiration Journal April challenge to use a watercolour techniques (a favorite of mine) and the April Hero Arts challenge (shaped card theme). Here’s the Play Date Café inspiration board:


People sometimes wonder what to do with tags. I keep many of my tags as technique inspiration, but sometimes I make them into cards, and this is one of those tags:


Cut a length of manila cardstock 12 in long and just wide enough to fit the Tag & Bookplates die. Fold it in half and place the cardstock on the die, just below the top cutting line of the tag. Then you will get a tag which is folded at the top. This tag is also a bit shorter than the ordinary size, which fits nicer into an envelope. I used the Zig Zag pop-up die for the base of the tag, place the tag just across the one zig zag end and die cut. I held the tag in place with a small piece of repositionable double-sided tape.

The tag was sponged with Mustard Seed, Scattered Straw, Bundled Sage and Evergreen Bough Distress Ink and misted with water. After it dried I stamped it with French Ultramarine Archival Ink, swiping the ink across the stamp to get a distressed look. The woman was stamped with Archival Ink Jet Black on watercolour paper and coloured with Distress Inks smeared on my craft sheet and misted with water and Perfect Pearls (Barn Door and Scattered Straw). I used a watercolour pencil for the skin. The spool was cut from grungeboard and streaked first with Sail Boat Blue paint dabber and then with Snow Cap. I added some bits and pieces from my scraps to the card (the doily, tissue paper, cheesecloth and sticky-backed canvas).

Here you can see how the tag becomes a card (don't tie the knot at the top too hard, otherwise it doesn't open nicely):


And another close-up:


Thank you so much for stopping by!!

Anna-Karin
Supplies: Hero Arts stamps: Sew Stylish CL452, Painted People Background CG402; Sizzix Tag & Bookplates, Sewing Room, and Zig Zag 3D Pop-up Bigz dies; Distress Ink: Barn Door, Scattered Straw, Mustard Seed, Bundled Sage, Everygreen Bough, Frayed Burlap; Adirondack paint dabber Sail Boat Blue and Snow Cap; Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black and French Ultramarine; Tim Holtz terminology tissue paper and grungeboard; Ranger manila cardstock and white sticky-backed canvas; Derwent watercolour pencil; cheesecloth; twine; buttons.

9 comments:

  1. This IS just fabulous, Anna-Karin! Good luck on all of the challenges - this is a winner to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very nice interpretation, I have been a lovely tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors fit your design perfectly. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super cool, great take on the challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic, Anna-Karin! I love every drop of it. Love how you converted some tags into a card.

    Thanks for playing with us this week at The Play Date CAfe. :-)

    (and thanks for leaving love at my blog recently, too! It's so nice to see you.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Genius! I love a great tag and this vibrant, vintage beauty does not disappoint. I love what you've to make the tag a complete card. Those bits of cheese cloth are so cool. So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at The Play Date Cafe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable and I love the girly figuring. What a great idea to use as a tag, I just recently asked the question on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!