Saturday, June 23, 2012

Card Patterns #171: Bon Voyage

Back again with my Card Patterns card for this week. Here’s the great sketch:

 And my card:

I have been wanting to do a card with this big boat stamp, and because this stamp is so big, I made the card square instead of rectangular as the sketch. It was stamped with Archival Jet Black ink on Ranger Specialty Stamping Paper, which is a matte coated paper. I coloured it with dye inks (Distress and Adirondack) using craft nibs and a Colorbox stylus tool. Waves were added with a white gel pen, as well as some highlights on the boat

The background was done by streaking Tumbled Glass and Stormy Sky Distress Stains across a piece of manila cardstock, and then finishing off with streaks of Picket Fence. I stamped on top with Stormy Sky. The gears were die-cut from grungeboard and painted silver.

There is unfortunately a reason for why this is a Bon Voyage card. This is the second last Card Patterns sketch, since the challenge will be closing down after the next sketch. I have played along in the challenge for a long time, and I have very much enjoyed being on the DT, so I am going to miss it very much. I hope you can play along with us for these two last sketches, so that we can give Card Patterns a proper good bye. A big thank you to Tracy and Michelle for all the inspiration since 2008, and for wanting me to be on the design team.

Thank you for looking!

Anna-Karin

Supplies: Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Artful Voyage, Mini Ornates; Sizzix Mini Gears Movers & Shapers; Distress Stain: Picket Fence, Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky; Distress Ink: Festive Berries, Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap; Adirondack: Aqua, Stonewashed; Archival Ink Jet Black, Vermillion and Coffee; MM ledger paper; grungeboard; Adirondack silver dabber; Ranger Specialty Stamping Paper.

1 comment:

  1. Great job! I love the layout and all that you did with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!