Thursday, December 12, 2013

CSI Scrap365 - Joy

Hello everyone! I forgot to post this layout I made for the third CSI and Scrap365 collaborative case file. If you have never seen the magazine Scrap365, I hope you will check it out, it is really fabulous. Here's the case file:
 
 
And my layout:
 
I decided to scrap this photo from my first Christmas, with my grandparents. From the evidence items I used: ribbons, birds, glitter, snowflake and brads. And from the testimony, I journaled about a Christmas/winter memory and tied a ribbon to my journaling spot (the tag behind the photo).
 
For the background, I used a favourite technique of mine, blocks of dry-embossed paper. The paper are Ranger's Specialty Stamping paper, but you can use other white cardstock too. I used various Tim Holtz Sizzix folders.   
 
The edges of the embossed papers were distressed and I also splattered Distress Ink on them, using Pumice Stone, Squeezed Lemonade and Worn Lipstick. The title was stamped with Pumice Stone and die cut with the coordinating die. The same Holiday Joy stamp and die set was used for the snowflake, holly leaves, pine trees and deer.
 

The coordinating dies make it very quick to cut out the trees and deer. The new magnetic platform also makes it so easy to use stamp/die combos. The photo was layered on a gelli printed paper and some cheese cloth.
 
I love these birds by Brenda Walton. It is a long Sizzlits die, so they are perfect as a border, but here I used only two. They were die cut from watercolour paper and watercoloured with Distress Inks (Scattered Straw, Pumice Stone and Worn Lipstick). I also added a border with die cuts, tinsel and linen ribbon.
 
More Pumice Stone stamping and splatters.

The gelli print that I used (made during this session) had a scalloped border from a Dylusions stencil, which I liked. The little angel come from the Christmas Thinlits set.

The journaling was written on a tag tucked behind the photos. It is about my first Christmas, Christmas memories of my grandparents and about different details I can spot on the photo.

Thank you for looking! I hope you will join us in this case file (deadline is 31 December).

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Surfaces: Ranger Specialty Stamping Paper; Neenah Smooth Solar White cardstock; Daler & Rowney watercolour paper
Embossing folders: Sizzix: Iron Gate & Starry Night, Snow Flurries & Snowman, Snowflake Pattern & Plaid, Textured Poinsettia Pattern, Brush Poinsettia & Winter Berries, Holly Pattern & Wreath,
Dies: Sizzix: Bower Birds, Tag & Bookplates, Christmas, Holly, Beaded & Snowflake Garland
Stamps: Sizzix/Stampers Anonymous: Holiday Joy Framelits die set with Stamps
Ink: Distress Ink: Pumice Stone, Scattered Straw, Worn Lipstick
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Tinsel Twine, Linen Ribbon; brads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!