Monday, February 10, 2014

Be True Art Journal Page

Hi everyone! We love stamps at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, and this week the challenge is all about stamps.

One of my favourite and most used types of stamps are script and text stamps. I love to use them for backgrounds and on embellishment. They give great texture and I also like if you can spot a word here and there. Usually, I would only use one text stamp on a background, but on this journal page I used two. Because the size of the font is different and because I stamped them in different colours they work real well together. I worked in my Small Creative Journal, on a Distress Ink background.

One of the text stamps I used, is an ad for the New York School of Art, from a Wendy Vecchi set. It was stamped with orange ink, for a tone on tone effect. I held the cling stamp in my hand instead of mounting it on a block, for that random impression. 'Based on a true story' comes from a stamps saying 'this art is based on a true story'. I stamped it on sticky back canvas and cut it apart. The title letters were die cut with the Vintage Market Sizzlits die.

For the flowers, I used another favourite stamping technique of mine, watercolour stamping. I inked them up with Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean for the flower, and Shabby Shutters, Crushed Olive and Peeled Paint markers for the stems. The stamp was misted with water about four times before stamping. The second text stamp is a train table from the Metro Art set. It was stamped with Archival Jet Black using both first and second generation stamping. Love the layered look of the faint text over the flower.

Speaking of favourite stamps, I had to use the bird stamp from Tim Holtz Mini Ornates set, one of my all time favourite stamps. It was also stamped with the watercolour technique. The hearts were die cut with Simon Says Stamp Mini Hearts set.

The grasses and stems were inked with Distress Markers, misted with water and stamps. I stamped another sentiment on a die cut sticky-back canvas circle.

I hope you will join us in our stamp challenge. As always, one random winner is drawn from the participants and will win a $50 gift voucher from Simon Says Stamp.

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/servlet/StoreFront

Happy crafting!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Surface: Ranger Small Dylusions Creative Journal; Claudine Hellmuth Sticky-Back Canvas
Stamps: Stampers Anonymous Wendy Vecchi: Forever Art, Metro Art, New York Art, The Purpose of Art, Art Comforts; Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz:  Mini Ornates
Ink: Distress Ink: Salty Ocean, Tumbled Glass, Shabby Shutters, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade; Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black
Markers: Distress Markers: Shabby Shutters, Crushed Olive
Dies: Simon Says Stamp: Mini Hearts; Sizzix: Sized Circles, Vintage Market

22 comments:

  1. beautiful art-Journalpage. I like that fadings effect on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your art journal page. The backgrounds are great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these pages! The stamping and layering is fantastic, as usual. You do it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous art journal pages! I love the colors and script/text are my favorites too in the background! Gorgeous pages!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love your beautiful art journal pages, Anna-Karin especially those pretty soft color scheme. The sentiments on the canvas are wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Script and text background stamps are a favorite of mine too and this is a great example of using them for a wonderful effect. It was nice to see the Wendy Vecci art school stamp as I wasn't familiar with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, your journal pages are so beautiful Anna-Karin. I've just got lost in all the wonderful layers that just make this so wonderful...gorgeous pages!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so beautiful - it reminds me of a summers day - gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, Anna-Karin!
    I'm a big fan of each of your work. This one is just amazing, I love the use of orange and blue... not easy, but you have created something amazing, Great style! Thanks for sharing, Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous pages Anna-Karin! Love them! So true! Hope you're having a great time in Sweden! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Uauh! Really beautiful! Contratulations! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning art journaling project, Anna-Karin! I love the way it's laid out and the colors are so soft & pretty :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You most definitely are an appreciator of stamps! In this project, and in all of the pieces you created, I'm so impressed by your ability to weave together such lovely images and sentiments. You truly have a knack for creating inspiring pieces of art and this is no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE this pretty stamped spread with all of the colors and texts. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely beautiful - the colours are just so wonderful together, and as another lover of text and alphabet stamps, as well as meadow grasses (can't get enough of either of them!) - this is perfection in my eyes. Love, love, love these pages!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how you used color here. The touches of blue looks so pretty. I love these pages!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your projects always leave me surprised and admired! You are a real artist!! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful layering of the text elements!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anna-Karin...absolutely gorgeous art journal pages. Love the amount of white you left exposed on the pages. I think that even further accentuates all of the colors, random stamping and layering that you've done on them. As always, I love your art! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for this post! This really helped me think about using text stamps. I struggle with placement of text in the background. And ... oh ... I love that Wendy Vecchi art school stamp!!!! I really like the Distress Ink background that you started with. Such a wonderful canvas for everything else you added to this art journal page. -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous art journal pages Anna-Karin! Love the burst of color and stamped blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am in awe of your journal page Anna...the way you used you stamps and coloring for the fading...great page!!!

    Hugs
    Nancy T.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!