Wednesday, February 5, 2014

CSI Scrap 365 #4 - Tutorial

Hello everyone! CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration and Scrap365 have another collaborative case file, lasting the whole month. If you have never checked out Scrap365, I hope you will do so, since it is a fabulous magazine.
 
 
My layout:
 
From the evidence I used: metal, vellum, stamps and textured paper. And from the testimony, I journaled about daily rituals, funny things around eating, sleeping, getting ready to go out, and more. I used some great Sizzix stamp/die combos for most of the embellishments on this page and took some step photos while I made this.

¨
I started out with a watercolour background, working on watercolour paper. After mixing up two shades of blue, I painted the paper with clean water and then added the watery paint, letting it run down the paper. Pick up the paint that pools at the bottom with a paint brush. Leave to dry.
 
I decided to emboss some vellum for a subtle background element.
 
The images were stamped with Archival Inks on Neenah cardstock. Leave a little bit of space around the images. When you use stamp/die combos, the Sizzix Magnetic Platform is very helpful, since it keeps the dies where they are supposed to be and you don't need to use any temporary adhesive. Run it through your Big Shot or Vagabond.
 

I continued stamping and die cutting, using the All About A Boy and the Gypsy Files set.
 
I really like the tabbed file card in the Gypsy Files set and die cut a whole bunch for my journaling, using the accompanying stamps for the labels. Love the distressed line stamps that comes with the set.
 

The journaling cards were tucked behind the photo.

I stamped the background with the line stamps, and with Hero Arts circle stamps. The die cut stamped images were layered in clusters, using foam tape for some of them.
 
The metal border was a leftover from another project, die cut with the Borders die and distressed with alcohol inks.

For the title I made the banner with one of the stamps in the All About a Boy set.

Thank you for looking! I hope you will join us in this special case file, deadline is 28 February, so there is plenty of time.

Happy crafting!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Surfaces: Daler & Rowney Watercolour Paper; Neenah Smooth Solar White; vellum
Dies: Sizzix: Borders Thinlits
Stamp/Die combos: Sizzix/7Gypsies Gypsy Files; Sizzix/Echo Park All About a Boy
Embossing folders: Iron Gate & Starry Sky, Blueprint & Gears, Airmail & Compass
Stamps: Hero Arts: My Favorite AC030, Travel AC031
Ink: Archival Ink: French Ultramarine, Cornflower Blue, Potting Soil
Paint: Daler & Rowney watercolour paint

10 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so neat, Anna Karin! You are a master with layouts. They scare me! Such a big canvas. I like to stick with my little cards. :) It feels safer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just one word. Wonderful. Love it.
    Anneke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page, you are a master of color and layout. And, your little boy is adorable, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow amazing, love the embossed vellum, thanks for all your inspirational ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful color palette, especially like the watercolor background. Love the mix of embellishments, especially the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anna-Karin this is amazing I wondered how everything matched so perfectly :D Now I know... those stamp die things are amazing. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, with those colours, I was always going to like this - and I love it! Beautiful composition and such a fabulous inky background.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!!! I love the embossed vellum and the water colour background. There are so many details that I can't wait to try on some LOs. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome talent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Oh how I love the embossed vellum & the left over metal trim you've used. Simply wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my ... what a wonderful idea to use watercolor paper for a LO background. I'm sorry ... that just never occurred to me. Wow! Love the banner at the bottom and all the cool framelits. The embossed vellum is an amazing idea. So much creativity here. Thanks Anna-Karin!!! -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!