Sunday, November 2, 2014

Scenic Winter Canvas

Hello stampers! It is a new month and a new theme at Craft a Scene - Trees. I love trees, and add them to most of my scenes. This is unfortunately going to be my last scene for the Craft a Scene DT. I have loved being on this team and I am so happy that Nancy started a challenge focused on scenic stamping, since it is such a passion of mine. I'll never stop stamping nature scenes and inventing my own environments, but I need to have fewer deadlines for a little while since we have a very hectic time ahead of us.
 
I made a 6 x 8 mixed media winter scene on canvas board, using some of my favourite techniques. If you want to see a step-by-step description of these techniques, check out the Craft Stamper November 2014 issue. Today's project is not the same, but the techniques are pretty similar. I also used some of these techniques in this seaside canvas tutorial. I used Wendy Vecchi's Crackled Texture Paste for the sky and Embossing Paste for the snowy areas. All the stamps are by Stampscapes and were stamped on tissue paper and adhered to the canvas with glossy multi medium, remember to add the medium both to the canvas and on top of the tissue paper, to make sure the paper disappears.
 
It is hard to capture the texture of the snow area, the paste isn't applied evenly, but instead more like dunes of snow. When the first layer of background paint was dry, I added more paint, particularly white to increase the snowy feeling. White paint is also splattered on the canvas.

The crackled sky is a really cool effect. I used it on this Halloweeen canvas too. The thicker you apply the paste, the larger the cracks will be. A combination of thick and thin often looks nice.
 
I hope you will continue to visit my blog for scenic stamping inspiration, even though it will be a little more quiet for a few months. Remember that you can click the 'scenic stamping' label on my sidebar if you only want to see these types of projects.
 
Thank you so much for stopping by today!
 
Happy stamping!
 
Anna-Karin 

Supplies:
Stamps: Stampscapes: Spiny Branches Sm. 331B, Snowy Covered Bridge 357F, Snowy Rocks Sm. 356A, Winter Bush 366C, Winter Twigs 367B, Tree Duo 085A, Migrating Birds 152D, Pines and Rocks 195G, Old Fence 293C, Leafless Limbs 052C, Scenic Sentiment Sheet 6, Scenic Sentiment Sheet 7
Ink: Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black
Paint: Distress Paint: Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Salty Ocean, Spun Sugar, Picket Fence, Walnut Stain
Medium: Stamper's Anonymous Wendy Vecchi: Crackled Texture Paste, Embossing Paste; Ranger Gloss Multi Medium

 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this canvas is absolutely brilliant, love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Ana-Karin... Absolutely brilliant and SO beautiful!!!! I LOVE SO MUCH your scenic stamping artwork, wanted to tell a huge thank you for all your tutorials and great step-by-steps in Craft Stamper these last months and on your blog too of course.. Even if I haven't the chance (and more than that the time) to look at all your past scenic works, I find them always FABULOUS. Coco x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!